Upload to MAS fails

Try to upload my app fails:

An exception has occurred: Connection reset
Communication error. Please use diagnostic mode to check connectivity. You need to have outbound access to TCP port 443.
Could not connect to Apple’s web service.

Has anyone the same problem?

Your app has entitlement for network connections?

No

Then maybe a socket connection is not allowed.

Error messages are from Apple Transporter App and it uses network connections and web service from Apple:

An exception has occurred: Connection reset
Communication error. Please use diagnostic mode to check connectivity. You need to have outbound access to TCP port 443.
Could not connect to Apple’s web service.

oh, sorry.

So your firewall blocks connections to apple.com?
Maybe check your internet router.

No, I don’t have a firewall. Yesterday at 18:58 CEST I could upload another app to MAS without any problem. But apple developer pages shows that every service are up and running:

While I think it’s a long shot (I don’t think it will make any difference). The public beta of App Wrapper 4 has the ability to upload to the Mac App Store. You could try it there. It still uses Apple’s API underneath which is what I think may be the problem, it it’s another tool to test with.

Last message from Transporter:
standard 11:06:55.613657 +0100 Transporter 27366555: RECEIVED OUT-OF-SEQUENCE NOTIFICATION: 216 vs 224, 513,

I will try App Wrapper 4

Upload to MAS failed:

App Wrapper 4.0
Submit to Apple failed App Store operation failed.
16.883 pkg: 200 2020-11-12 11:44:35.974 altool[3120:72365] *** Error: Connection failed! Error Message - The network connection was lost.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> os-version 10.14.6 product-errors code -19000 message The network connection was lost. userInfo NSLocalizedDescription The network connection was lost. NSLocalizedFailureReason App Store operation failed. NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion The network connection was lost. 16.884 pkg: {"code":-19000,"message":"App Store operation failed.","type":"subm"}

Another problem with App Wrapper 4: (Version Number set to Recommended)
App Release Version is set to 0.0.0

After many hours of investigation, I found the problem. If I remove these dylib/plugin files from “Application.app/Contents/Frameworks”, The app was accepted and uploaded to MAS.

• MBS_DataTypes_StringHandle_Plugin_20338.dylib
  • MBS_DynaPDF_dynapdf_Plugin_20338.dylib
  • MBS_Encryption_OpenSSL_Plugin_20338.dylib
  • MBS_Util_OpenDialog_Plugin_20338.dylib
  • MBS_Util_SystemInformation_Plugin_20338.dylib

I know, without this files the app will not run. If I have one of these dylib files inside the application, the app can’t uploaded to MAS.

Any ideas how I can resolve this problem? This is not a new application, it in on the AppStore since 2014. The last successful update was on March this year. If I take a look into this “Application.app/Contents/Frameworks”, I can see the same dylib files, but they are from an older MBS plugin release.

• MBS_DataTypes_StringHandle_Plugin_20159.dylib
  • MBS_DynaPDF_dynapdf_Plugin_20159.dylib
  • MBS_Encryption_OpenSSL_Plugin_20159.dylib
  • MBS_Util_OpenDialog_Plugin_20159.dylib
  • MBS_Util_SystemInformation_Plugin_20159.dylib

Which version of the MBS plugins do you use?

1 Like

MBS Plugins 20.4 (from 14.09.2020).
The plugin release can not be the problem. A few minutes ago I have copied the 5 old plugin/dylib files into my new application, but I got the same error from the Transporter App:

• An exception has occurred: Connection reset
  • Communication error. Please use diagnostic mode to check connectivity. You need to have outbound access to TCP port 443.
  • Could not connect to Apple’s web service.

Also I have tried to upload my old app from March 2020 with a different release version, but I got the same error message.

Are you sure this is not simply the service outage from Apple, which we saw yesterday and today?

1 Like

No. I try this today and without these dylib/plugin file the app was transferred. But now I have tried to use Transporter App on a virtual machine with macOS 11.0.1 and the package was uploaded to MAS now. On my MacBookPro I have Transporter App 1.11 (1171) and on the virtual machine there is the same release. But in the preferences of Transporter App there is no “http” protocol unter macOS 11.0.1.
Now I use the virtual machine the upload my apps to MAS.

Thank you to all for your help.

I’ll be sending a small Big Sur UI bug fix later, I’ll let you know if it works. I did an upload 3 days ago with no issues.

I just uploaded to MAS using Transporter from BS 11.0.1 with no issue. Xjo built app with some MBS stuff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.