Unwanted Localizations Included :(

Hi,
Does anyone know why / how Xojo includes Italian, French, German, Dutch and Bengali localisations in my compiled app?
Is there any way to prevent this, as it is so annoying.

Thank you all in advance.

Using MacOSLib ?

Yes - I am presuming that is the cause then?
Any ideas how to prevent this?

Thank you Norman.

rip them out of macoslib :slight_smile:
its got localizations for a number of menu items etc that do this to people unexpectedly
I’ve suggested the remove them & have “add ons” for all the extra localizations but so far no dice so people get tripped up by this one

Or just delete the unwanted locale files after building

I have a post-script posted here somewhere that can remove the language files you don’t want after each build… Try and search for it. Can’t get to that right now :slight_smile:

Thanks Norman - I didn’t realise until it was too late :frowning:
My app was accepted in the MAS, and then I saw that it supposedly had 6 localizations :frowning:

Steps required to correct this are as follows:

1. Right click on your compiled app and select “View Package Contents”.
  2. Deleted the unwanted localization folders from the Contents > Resources folder.
  3. Wrap your app.
  4. Upload as usual.

Hopefully others will see this thread and not be caught out like I was :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the heads up - I really appreciate it!

https://forum.xojo.com/8624-app-languages-in-mac-app-store
Read the notice I posted above the actual script :wink:

Thanks Albin!

[quote=134451:@Richard Summers]Thanks Norman - I didn’t realise until it was too late :frowning:
My app was accepted in the MAS, and then I saw that it supposedly had 6 localizations :([/quote]
You’re not the first and I’ve asked the MacOSLib maintainers a couple times but no dice so far.
Because MacOSLib adds these quietly I think its something you should have to deliberately add but …

At least I know now - for future reference.
Would be nice if they were not added automatically, but hey - the benefits of macoslib far outweigh the negatives :slight_smile:

[quote=134419:@Richard Summers]Hi,
Does anyone know why / how Xojo includes Italian, French, German, Dutch and Bengali localisations in my compiled app?
Is there any way to prevent this, as it is so annoying.[/quote]

Recently another member bumped into it in a Windows build, because of MacOSLib, in spite of conditional compilation…
https://forum.xojo.com/16038-macoslib-annoyingly-writes-to-resources-folder-in-win32-build

The solution was an IDE script that deletes the .mo files after the build, analogous to what Albin pointed to.

If you use App Wrapper, you can get it to remove these when you wrap the application, see the Resources pane.

Thank you all - much appreciated.