Uninstalling XOJO

XOJO is still freezing when I run an application - even the examples.
So, as before, I try to uninstall … and now I get the error

Access violation at address 00000000. Write od address 00000000

Seems that Xojo is very unstable on my Windows 7 64 bit Acer laptop.

Will persevere for a few more days, but getting frustrated at lack of progress.
May have to go back to VS Express ! Oh no !

Which version?

XOJO 2013r4.1

Maybe try 3.3 instead?

I appreciate the reply Christian … but I’m using 4.1 as I had problems with 3.3.
Please see my earlier post called “XOJO Freezes” 3 days ago

[quote=54907:@Barrie Smith]I appreciate the reply Christian … but I’m using 4.1 as I had problems with 3.3.
Please see my earlier post called “XOJO Freezes” 3 days ago[/quote]

Their working on it. As fas as i know.

I have the same issues with 2013R3.3 and 2013R4.1.

We’re trying to reproduce it.
So far no one can so it’s hard to know what the issue is so we can fix it.

[quote=54933:@Derk Jochems]Their working on it. As fas as i know.

I have the same issues with 2013R3.3 and 2013R4.1.[/quote]

Sometimes programs instability can be due to other software in the system, rather than bugs. Could it be some conflict with an antivirus or some background task ? Seems odd that two versions have the same issue on two machines only…

If it was widespread we’d have a few hundred reports about it already
But we don’t
That makes it hard to track down

i’ve tested it without virus scanner, and without Tuneup.
Besides Xojo is in my list of save programs.

And it happened just once to myself. Other than that i can get the same stack trace if i manipulate something. But that doesn’t say it was that actual problem. As far as i know i just opened the ide and it crashed.
Then i reopened it and it worked.

Is there some reason why we can’t get the Windows version as a zip file like we do the Betas, in addition to the normal installer? I haven’t seen the problem with the uninstall mentioned above, but the uninstaller does hijack the Real Studio extensions. And when you uninstall the product, it is removed, but the extensions still have Xojo entries for them. A pain-in-the-you-know-what to manually change them back after every new Xojo install. I haven’t checked this in 2013r4, but it was still this way a couple of versions back. An additional zip file would solve this and the uninstall problem listed above.