Unclean window traffic light

I have checked that manual and MBS web site and cannot find how to set the red traffic to have the ‘unclean’ dot inside. Does anyone know?

Also is this available for Windows and Linux too?

That probably requires some declare. I am sure someone will post something.

I have never seen it, though.

Windows does not have the equivalent. Often, to mark a document is dirty, a star or an icon is added to the title : Untitled *

To create it, I opened up TextEdit and typed! All the Apple apps and many others show it.

I’m adding a ‘Save’ request to my code if the document has been changed in any way and wanted to show this visual cue.

(Window).ContentsChanged = true

See Xojo’s Documentation

Thank you @Jürg Otter that works!

[quote=299903:@David Cox]To create it, I opened up TextEdit and typed! All the Apple apps and many others show it.

I’m adding a ‘Save’ request to my code if the document has been changed in any way and wanted to show this visual cue.[/quote]

I don’t see this in TextEdit under 10.12.2 here.

But I do see it in the Xojo’s IDE. Had not noticed in all these years :wink:

[quote=299903:@David Cox]To create it, I opened up TextEdit and typed! All the Apple apps and many others show it.

I’m adding a ‘Save’ request to my code if the document has been changed in any way and wanted to show this visual cue.[/quote]
There are circumstances when this should ‘officially’ show up and when it shouldn’t, needless to say; everyone used to see it, then no-one and now some do.

It has to do with the AutoSave status of Resume, which a user controls in the System Preferences, General Pane.
“Ask to keep changes”
“Close windows when quitting”

In order to correctly use this in Xojo, you must subclass NSDocument.