unacceptable bugs...

Xojo 2013r2 has some unacceptable bugs. For example the Cookies-Expiration-Bug!
This renders the whole System unusable :frowning:
Such bugs should not happen in a “final release”.

Xojo is loosing reputation, fast. We pretty much rely on Xojo as our main RAD on Mac/Windows/Web, but if these problems remain, we might have to rethink our decision. The new UI is not very intuitive, especially for Windows-Developers. And then hundreds of show-stopping bugs :frowning:
Was this all necessary just for the iOS-Target or 64Bit???

[quote=29485:@Mike Graf]Xojo 2013r2 has some unacceptable bugs. For example the Cookies-Expiration-Bug!
This renders the whole System unusable :frowning:
[/quote]

You would be amazed how usable things are if you just state your problem for people to help you with and restrain yourself from telling everyone what a great software project manager who’s never ever shipped anything with a bug you are! For example, if you search the forum for cookie, you’ll find a workaround I posted. If you’d asked nicely, I’d have posted a link.

Aww come on Brad. Give the guy some slack. We all get frustrated when we hit a bug late at night. Here I’ll ask for him “pretty please?”

It was quite a large outpouring though! So I will summarise similarly:

Was all of that whinging necessary just for a cookie bug? :slight_smile:

@Mike Graf
We fixed another bug with cookies for the r2 cycle, and this one slipped through the entire beta cycle without anyone catching it. A bug report has been filed, but I don’t know what it is off the top of my head.

Well, I agree I was a little rough. But it’s not just one Bug, it’s many little workarounds you need to apply.
WebEdition just has too many rough edges, to be happy with. That’s my oppinion.

I use it for an inhouse app. It works. And Travis Hill before being hired to Xojo was working on a rather large-ish application. At least that’s what I gleaned from his sessions at the conference. I also gathered that he’s a pretty smart guy with the web stuff so they have another guy on board besides the resident web genius Greg. In short, you may be right but I’m optimistic.

WebEdition allows me to go on holidays — and without a laptop! I have a link to a Web App on my iPhone that I log into and can look up a bunch of issues for any of my 14K users.