Unable to open my xojo binary project

When I try to open my xojo binary project, I obtain this error:

and if I try to send a report, I obtain this:

I already have 2013r1 version.

There is a new release out (2013R2), maybe this will solve the problem

Tried 2013r2. Same problem.

So I lose all my job? I’m without words.

[quote=20660:@Cristian Gintili]Tried 2013r2. Same problem.

So I lose all my job? I’m without words.[/quote]

Do you have a version of Realstudio (rs2012 before Xojo time) If you do, you could try to rename the file extension to .rbp and then open it with realstudio. Maybe this can recover some of your work.

if trying to load your project from the project chooser then I expect this crash on my system…it always happens to me. SO I never use the chooser but load an untitled project first then from the open menu load your project. Usually works for me for some reason. DOn’t know why and feedback never seems to help, but sometimes the project loads without the “navigator” and going to another project restores the navigator…slightly bizarre and somewhat random

Just a thought…

I was getting the error yesterday, on r1. Wound up deleting my .xojo_uistate file and everything started working again, dunno if it is related or not, but give it a try.

[quote=20666:@NG P]if trying to load your project from the project chooser then I expect this crash on my system…it always happens to me. SO I never use the chooser but load an untitled project first then from the open menu load your project. Usually works for me for some reason. DOn’t know why and feedback never seems to help, but sometimes the project loads without the “navigator” and going to another project restores the navigator…slightly bizarre and somewhat random

Just a thought…[/quote]
This works.

Thanks, I will try this next time, if neccessary.

Thanks to everybody.

When this happens to me, I right-click the middle area of the IDE and select some menuitem that will show a modal window (e.g. the “Implement Interface” window.) When the modal window is closed, the navigator will reappear.

Cristian, I would recommend that you look at using a source control system such as SVN or GIT.

Using such a system makes it easy to recover files when they break.

I’m by no means an expert on source control systems, but have used both SVN and GIT with success. For Windows I use TortoiseGIT, but there are lots of different SVN and GIT tools available.

http://uncod.in/blog/installing-tortoisegit-on-windows7/

Currently there are a few bugs in R2 that can ONLY be fixed with version control format and a text editor. I wrote about a few of those yesterday at http://www.bkeeneybriefs.com/2013/07/xojo-release-2-better-but-not-great/