Two Web Apps don't run at the same time in Windows 7, 8 and 10.

Hi! fokes

In windows 7, 8 or 10 I tried to launch two complementary web apps, one with services and another with my web app calling for the first one. When I run mysecond web app I have this message “Do you want to continue waiting for your application to launch? your application has failed to launch. If you continue to wait, may launch…”

I tried the same in Ubuntu LTS running in a virtual box with 20 GB of hard disk and 4096 MB of RAM, is so slow the launching and in some instance it fails while finally running.

But in Mini Mac the same apps run perfect!

Any Ideas to solve this issue?

Difficult to tell without more details. What are you doing in the opening of the app ? How are they communicating ?

Are you using Xojo.Net.HTTPSocket which under IPV6 had a bug in versions prior to 2017R1 which made it very slow ?

BTW, please click in the title of your thread, and make it more explicit, for instance “Web app very slow launch under Windows”. It will help potential readers know what you are looking for.

[quote=324741:@Ernesto Alabarce Colunga]Hi! fokes

In windows 7, 8 or 10 I tried to launch two complementary web apps, one with services and another with my web app calling for the first one. When I run mysecond web app I have this message “Do you want to continue waiting for your application to launch? your application has failed to launch. If you continue to wait, may launch…”

I tried the same in Ubuntu LTS running in a virtual box with 20 GB of hard disk and 4096 MB of RAM, is so slow the launching and in some instance it fails while finally running.

But in Mini Mac the same apps run perfect!

Any Ideas to solve this issue?[/quote]
These both have different ports right?

Ok wait, that dialog is in the IDE right? Have you clicked Continue? That dialog appears if an app is taking longer than normal to appear… like if it stopped in the debugger for some reason.

This has worked long ago for a short time, but the past year or two i never was able in Windows to run 2 programs at the same time in the IDE.

This seems true for web apps but not for other kind of apps.
It would be great to have this glitch sorted out.