Two apps with same codebase?

Ahh, yes. I use a constant for the bundle identifier.

I do a different approach in using same external linked objects/dialogs/windows in multiple projects.
Maybe this is an alternative for you.

@Sam: thanks for the info.

@Tomas: how do you handle the bundle identifier? Or do you keep them the same and just use different names for the applications?

I am using different project files so basically two different programs but using same external ressources.

Making the filetypes external doesn’t work(<https://xojo.com/issue/36727>). It’s not even possible to make the menubar external.

And using the text format isn’t possible because that doesn’t support external items.

Ive used both techniques over the years.
Having a demo and a lite edition which can be upgraded by downloading a new application: if the app name is the same, the new will overwrite the old.

I find that if people are going to upgrade or buy the full version after trying the demo, that the first they know of the need to download again is after they have paid.
Its probably meant about 12 emails in 20 years complaining that there was an expectation that just typing in a new code would ‘make it all work’
All (sad to say) from America, due to the time zone differences in replying to emails that arrive at 2am in the morning… :slight_smile:

Now I use different app names: having learned the hard way that a customer who downloads a demo of ‘the latest version’ before deciding whether to upgrade , doesn’t appreciate having their existing working version disabled .

I would like to have a script that
Changed the value of a constant (which I use in this manner: #if full_version…)
Built the app
Copied/renamed the built app
Then changed and rebuilt

but haven’t succeeded in working out how thats done yet