Trying to deploy Web App to Godaddy

[quote=53106:@Stuart Travis]Thanks Michel.

To make sure, I need to create a folder at the same level as the public_html folder called cgi-bin and place all files in this location?[/quote]

Look in your VPS space. The cgi-bin folder is already there. Most of the time next to public_html, or within it.

If and when you need more apps, you can always create subfolders within cgi-bin.

That is what I do.

I’ve got the same error as yours:
“Unable to launch application ‘TaskManager’ on port 43960”. I use bluehost shared hosting,

Any advice? , i’m getting frustrated as well. The application that I deployed is simply a xojo example of Task Manager.So, It is a simple app.

Regards,

Herry

Any recommended web hosting for xojo web app a part from xojo cloud?

Regards,

Herry

On my hosting it says: x86_64 GNU/Linux , what does it mean? Is there any work to do to adjust my web app?

Regards,

Herry

When I deploy to godaddy, I get the error “suexec policy violation” on the server and “500 Internal Server Error” on client side. Any suggestions…

Its a shared host isn’t it ?

I am not sure, I am paying for hosting services. Do I need to ask them for a specific service?

Many hosting providers will not allow apps like WE apps to run on a regular hosting plan as these apps might use too much RAM/CPU/IO on the server and bring it down on its knees.
We apps are recommended to run in a VPS (Virtual Private Server). This is a server you have total control of your self. Install what you want, run what you want etc.
You’ll have to set it up your self though.
Install the ia32-libs for example if it’s a 64bit server.