Trouble in mind, but not only

I am trying to resize two kinds of images: Portrait AND Landscape via drop from Finder to a Canvas…

I failed to produce the correct code, so I go back to the code that worked previous ly (a different method).

I added a break point, then some more break points and run in the IDE: I do not get the stop to the debugger.

I changed that very same method name appending _Old, run and get the Not found error where I call to that method.

What can happend ? (Xojo 2015r1, Xojo cache cleared and Trash cleared).

Before I throw my computer laptop thru the (bathroom) window, do you have an idea ?

Try setting a breakpoint on the link that calls your function instead of inside it, then use the debugger’s Step In button to see where it ends up going.

Confirm if the execution path is going through the breakpoint by placing a system.debuglog(“here”) line below the breakpoint. If the message isn’t displayed in the debug log then the breakpoint wont work because the code isn’t actually running so you’d need to check your code flow to see why not.

If you have something like

result = methodcall(othermethodcall(parameter))

then the step in works only for othermethodcall but not methodcall. I think it has been this way since forever.

[quote=427206:@Beatrix Willius]If you have something like

result = methodcall(othermethodcall(parameter))

then the step in works only for othermethodcall but not methodcall. I think it has been this way since forever.[/quote]
It can though, just step in, step to the end of the method and then Step In again.

@Greg O’Lone : the problem is a bit more subtle. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or a feature. I use this pretty often, though and it’s annoying. Code:

[code]Public Function Innermethod(s as string) as string
s = s + “aaa”
s = “bbb” + s
Return s
End Function

Public Function Outermethod(s as String) as String
s = s + " " + s
Return s
End Function

Sub Action() Handles Action
dim s as string = “s”
s = Outermethod(Innermethod(s))
MsgBox s
End Sub[/code]

The problem:

• Add a breakpoint at s = Outermethod(Innermethod(s))
  • Do a step into at the breakpoint
  • Do a step out. I’m only interested in Outermethod and not in Innermethod
  • Ups. Now we are at MsgBox s instead of Outermethod.

The trouble does not seems to be inside Xojo. I get it sometimes later.

I originaly added two or three breakpoints (the red circle on the code line left outside the Code Editor),
I then added some Break (the reserved word).

No stop on the debugger was done by the Xojo IDE.

Then, yesterday, “The Unarchiver.app” refused to be fired. I quit all running application and still the same trouble. Then, three or four uncompressed folders appears…

I shutdown, press the Power On key, then cmd-alt-P-R, wait six reboot times, and resume what I was doing (not Xojo related).

Earlier today, I loaded the project (used when the above appears), and I get all asked stops in the debug !

Very strange.

Now my code is debugging fine (do not works as expected, but stops in the debugger as asked, so if it does not works, this time it is my fault).

Thank you all for your advices.