Transparent images in DynaPDF

Ive been creating PDFs with images in them.
Some of the images overlap, and are irregular shapes.
To make the irregular shape, I set some of the pixels to be white and set the transparent color to white before inserting the image.

This works, and the resulting file is OK in Preview on the Mac and in Adobe.
But if it is dragged into Pages, the transparency is lost and the PDF looks bad.

Is there another way more reliable way to make parts of an image transparent in a DynaPDF created PDF file?

Not positive, but from what I know about the structure of PDF, that might be an issue… because if I remember PDF converts images to JPG/JPEG and that does not support tranparency.

That being said however… I need to dig out my gPDF code and see what it does :slight_smile:

transparent color property in the IDE is ignored by the plugin, I think.

But we have a SetTransparentColor function in DynaPDFMBS class, where you can set white to become transparent.
The next pictures added would than honor this.

Better may be to pass an image with alpha channel as PNG to the plugin to place it on the page.

[quote]But we have a SetTransparentColor function in DynaPDFMBS class, where you can set white to become transparent.
The next pictures added would than honor this.[/quote]

Already doing that.
Preview and Adobe respect the transparency.
But when the PDF is taken into Pages (and apparently Illustrator) , the transparency is lost

I didn’t think alpha channel images worked, but I will give that a try.

Jeff, this sounds more like the PDF rendering engine in Pages simply doesn’t support the transparency feature you’re using. :confused: