Transparent Canvas Button

Hi,

Since it does not look like anyone is going to pick up Elastic Window, I have to make my own buttons using the canvas. My problem is that I want the background of the button to be transparent.

I first make the button in Photoshop and then save it as a png file. (NextU.png)

When I place it in a window with a colored background I get the background to be transparent in design time. But, when I add the following code in the Open event I get the image of the button displaying with a white border. See photo below. I am trying to size the button image to the size of my canvas control.

[code] dim C as Picture = NextU
dim p as Picture = new Picture(Canvas1.Graphics.Width, Canvas1.Graphics.Height, 32)

p.Graphics.DrawPicture(C, 0, 0, Canvas1.Graphics.Width, Canvas1.Graphics.Height, 0, 0, C.Width, C.Height)

Canvas1.backdrop = p[/code]

Is there a way I can get rid of the white background and have it transparent?

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote=123938:@James Redway]dim C as Picture = NextU
dim p as Picture = new Picture(Canvas1.Graphics.Width, Canvas1.Graphics.Height, 32)

p.Graphics.DrawPicture(C, 0, 0, Canvas1.Graphics.Width, Canvas1.Graphics.Height, 0, 0, C.Width, C.Height)

Canvas1.backdrop = p[/quote]

[code]dim C as Picture = NextU
p.transparent = 1

Canvas1.backdrop = p[/code]

You do not say if you are using Windows or Mac. On Mac, you can create a transparent picture with

new Picture(Canvas1.Graphics.Width, Canvas1.Graphics.Height)

Hi Michel. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. That worked great and was just what I needed.

I am developing on a Mac for both Windows and Mac so it will be cross-platform.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help.

Jim