Toolbar question.

On a desktop app, to create a toolbar, one drags a toolbar from the library into the IDE Project list and you get an instance of the toolbar as a property of the project. You then drag that instance into the GUI Editor and it shows up at the bottom like other controls. Is that correct?

I wonder why the toolbar doesn’t function like a timer. You can simply drag and drop a timer onto the GUI Editor directly and it shows up as an instance of the control in the GUI Editor.

Others do all the works in code (just like data base).

Some others buy 3rd party ToolBar(s) (not me).

You can use a Toolbar like a class and have the same toolbar on multiple windows. If the editor were attached directly to a window, you would no longer be able to do this.

which is different than in web edition where it IS designed & laid out on the page so if you happen to want the same one on several pages you cut & paste

I like to do this sometimes (when I only need a toolbar for a certain window), even though @Norman Palardy advises me against such a thing.

It’s not complex to design a nice toolbar yourself as a containercontrol isn’t it ?