Toolbar on Windows

I have a Menu and a Toolbar. In Windows when the toolbar is visible it paints a horizontal line across its top such that it looks like the Menu has a horizontal line underneath it, there are no other lines to make a full border, just the one at the top. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the line? (please don’t say use OS X, I know it looks great in OS X :wink: )

They looks the same, regarless of the running OS. I just checked on a project of mine that runs on XP / OS X…

Is the bar you are complaining also exists in the Explorer ?

The black line between the menubar and the toolbar is is what I would like to get rid of in picture (1) below. Hiding the toolbar removes the black line as you can see in (2) so I am assuming that the black line belongs to the toolbar. In (3) MS put a faint line below the menubar and of course Xojo is a ‘special’ case with no line.

(1) My app’s menubar with toolbar showing:

(2) My app’s menubar with toolbar hidden:

Just for reference (3) Windows File Explorer:

and (4) Xojo:

I have that very same horizontal line in the Explorer:
go there to get the image: *
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/2bc700s78u82w/Xojo_-_images

I placed three images all with that horizontal line (h-line):
Explorer with h-line.png
Acrobat Reader also have one h-line.png
A bunch of ToolBar Icons and h-line.png

Explorer and Acrobat screen shots with the horizontal line,
A screen short of an actual project with two toolbar icons and a partial view of an Explorer window with that h-line;
The black rectangle icon is in fact an empty rect image. Windows XP (only ?) do not like empty images or images without surrounding stuff (a routed image ?).
a routed image: worldtrans gaves me that for an image where you remove any surrounding color. When you place that image on a background, no external white ‘rectangle’ appears around that image.

When I click in the image icon (with the image in the Clipboard), all I get is gliberish !
When I provide a MediaFire link, I do not get the image.
How one is supposed to add an image in the reply ?

Well looks like I am stuck with the horrible line from the toolbar :frowning:

I can link to your image by viewing in in the Mediafire viewer and then right-clicking the image and selecting ‘Copy Image URL’. If you try to get a link from the folder viewer the link is not good.

So
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/abed/z55ksmdg3lh2q59fg.jpg
works but
http://www.mediafire.com/view/z55ksmdg3lh2q59/A_bunch_of_ToolBar_Icons_and_h-line.png
does not work because it is a link to the Mediafire viewer

Working image link below:

I hope this helps

Maybe replace the toolbar with a Canvas, or a Rectangle without a border?

The Xojo IDE uses a special toolbar. If you notice you can even center and right align in the one they use. I would really love it if they would replace the toolbar control we have with the one in the IDE.

Carl:

Thank you for the tip.

That line is certainly added by Windows (unfortunately).