Toolbar icons in Mac OSX

The toolbar icons in Mac OS X are small and with the mouse, the button is not highlighted.
In Win instead icons are larger and has highlighted the button with the mouse
Is there a solution?

[quote=239793:@Massimo Lista]… with the mouse, the button is not highlighted.
[/quote]
That is how is has to be on OS X – there is no highlighting when the mouse moves over. I would not try to change that.

But I would like the larger icons and highlighted with the mouse.
It’s possible ?

No offense, but your Mac users wouldn’t like it.

If you want to do it: as far as I know the only way is to create controls in the Objective C runtime and then add them via NSToolbarItem’s setView: method NSToolbarItem.

• Signed -

You can report some examples?

There are no (Xojo) examples for something which doesn’t conform to Apple’s OS X Human Interface Guidelines. You might have more luck when googling for Objective C solutions (and then you have to translate this to Xojo declares). Stackoverflow has a lot of discussions about Objective C and AppKit.

[quote=239798:@Massimo Lista]But I would like the larger icons and highlighted with the mouse.
It’s possible ?[/quote]

It is possible to place canvas over the Toolbar (or any other control). I use code Jim McKay posted in https://forum.xojo.com/10914-black-windows/0

Then you can do anything you want. Of course, that won’t conform to Apple’s guidelines.

And may not work in a future OS.

There are two supported ways to do this on OS X (since 10.10, even code I’ve shared in the past should not be used).
#1 Add a control to a toolbar item, checkout the xDev mag, Retina Kit or MBS for this.
#2 On Yosemite and higher, you can move the contents under the toolbar, check the same places for the code.

Apple is changing it’s framework at such a rapid pace, that declares and code found on the internet need to be verified before used.

But yes, altering the way how the toolbar works, especially to make it more Windows like will be rejected by Mac users, however Apple reviewers will probably promote the application (especially if you use Window and QT to make the app).

AS a Mac User, I do not know, but when I saw that on Windows, I LOVED it !

“Love is strange“