I’ve got an application that is doing a bit of file copying, renaming and sorting.
As the number of files I’m dealing with has increased I decided to put the methods that handle that work into a separate thread so that the UI doesn’t lock up and so that I can incorporate a progress indicator, some listbox messages, etc.
I’ve set up the thread and started a timer to monitor a ‘threadIsDone’ flag and handle the progress updating code.
The issue I’m having, though, is that the interface still locks up (beach balls) until completion of the thread. I don’t know what going on. I’ve set up this sort of thread/timer construction many times before in other applications and each time it’s worked as I would expect. Not this time, though.