The Web application allows only up to 5 sessions, from the sixth it breaks

The Web application allows only up to 5 sessions, from the sixth it breaks.

When I open five tabs in the browser it works. from the sixth it falls.

Im Use Xojo 2022r3

In Web 1.0 I don’t have this limitation

I’ve reported problems where sessions never close properly: #69982 I wonder if this is related to what you are seeing?

@Ricardo_Cruz mentioned seeing a (related?) issue when using multiple tabs.

I have applications running on the web (web 1.0) that have more than 20 simultaneous users and the sessions are usually closed automatically. In the new API, the sixth open session shows a blank page and the application freezes. But when I close the sixth window or tab, it works again.

Does this also happens with simpler projects? Are you also trying opening connections with different computers or is it everything in the same browser window?

I can reproduce this, what I did:

• 5 tabs with Chrome work correctly
  • open new tab, nothing shows
  • went to any of the other 5 tabs, reload, nothing shows
  • close 1 tab, all 5 left start working again

Then I used Chrome Incognito, I was able to replicate the above test so I had 10 tabs working 5 in Chrome, 5 in Chrome Incognito.

Then I used Firefox, 5 tabs work correctly. Opened Private browsing with other 5 tabs. I have now 20 tabs working. If I add one more in any of the 4 browsers (Chrome, Chrome Incognito, Firefox, Firefox Private) then that browser stops working but the 3 others work correctly.

Project, just a WebButton.

So I think your application can handle more than 5 simultaneous users just not any 1 user with more than 5 tabs to your application.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (17)

5 Likes

The limit per browser/domain should be 100 for HTTP2, maybe is a bug in the xojo server implementation?

Project with only a web button.
5 tabs with same browser works, if you open a 6th tab then nothing works.
Do you need more information or create an Issue case?

1 Like

I think we can use the same created by @Mike_D. The other thread has also plenty of information.

Thank you!

1 Like