My main development system is

• iMacPro macOS 10.14.6 Mojave
  • Xojo 2019r2
  • Xcode 10.2.1

My secondary system is a MacBook with:

• iMac macOS 10.14.5 Mojave
  • Xojo 2019r2
  • Xcode 10.2.1

So the only difference is the Mojave version (and the hardware).
Both systems use the same Apple developer ID, same profile, same provisioning …

On iMac I can run in simulator, build, install on iOS devices.
On MacBook I can run in simulator but NOT build (nor install, of course), when building I’m getting this error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. 3164F4ADC4D.....: no identity found

However, I have a test Xcode project that builds fine on both systems.

I reinstalled Xcode, Xojo, reset the Xcode developer profile, redownloaded profiles … no way.

It seems every time I upgrade macOS or Xcode or Xojo it’s a misery (profiles, team, devices, certificates, …)

Does someone have an idea ?
How can I solve this ?
What’s this 3164F4ADC4D… number ?
I need to use both systems because I want to make updates on the fly when at customer sites, now I’m stuck.

By the way, I’m not able to use Xojo2019r1.1 anymore, this one doesn’t find any “simulator devices” and find no more “Team”.

I hope someone can help… I’m stuck

Thanks !

Do you see your Team and Devices in 2019r2?

That’s a serial number that’s associated with your distribution certificate. I ran into this same issue on my personal account just recently and the issue was that one of my certs had just expired. I suggest logging into your Apple Dev account and making sure that everything expires in the future.

Yes, both team and devices show correctly in 2019r2.

I checked already, all certificates are valid, none expired.

It’s now working, but don’t ask me why or how …
I did the following:

• reinstalled Xcode 10.2.1 - > no changes
  • installed Xcode 11.0.1

Now it seems to work, at least I can compile and build on both systems and install on physical devices.

I still don’t understand why …

Xcode 11 changed the format of the way simulator info was returned and oddly once installing it, the change affects older versions of Xcode as well. So it could have just been that.

@Greg O’Lone It’s really the first time updating Xcode solves a problem :wink: instead of making it worse.

I’m now wondering about the Catalina update.

Thanks anyway.