The ListBox really needs some love

@Karen Atkocius

I realize that. I just posted a Feedback on this <https://xojo.com/issue/51131>

I suggested that scrolling be by pixel, but that at the end of the scroll the list would adjust and still show whole rows. There will no doubt be other approaches that might help. I rely on the listbox in my app and I think its one of the most useful and versatile controls in Xojo. But it doesn’t work well in situations where one want rows with heights above 30 pixels or so (YMMV).

My weblistbox hopes:

Lazy Loading
Inline Editing
User Resizable Columns
Cell Help Tag
Scroll Change Event

[quote=369458:@Jay Menna]My weblistbox hopes:
Lazy Loading
Inline Editing
User Resizable Columns
Cell Help Tag
Scroll Change Event[/quote]
I’m assuming you’ve filed feature requests for all of these, right?

[quote=369458:@Jay Menna]User Resizable Columns
Cell Help Tag
Scroll Change Event[/quote]
I’m pretty sure those exists - or I 'm not understanding why you mention them.

@[quote=369467:@Tim Jones]I’m pretty sure those exists - or I 'm not understanding why you mention them.[/quote]

Weblistbox does not.

[quote=369471:@Jay Menna]@

Weblistbox does not.[/quote]
D’oh - I missed that part of your post :slight_smile:

When you select a bunch of Rows and select one you do not want, using arrow back or forward to unselect that Row, you only gain another unwanted Row.

But firing on the Listbox will not add more love to it as op request. Sorry.

I should have been clearer. A feature request for each of those items. Making one case for several different items is a good way to get none of them done.

The listbox scrollbars are aweful and out of date to say the least. Not to speak the awefull scrolling (not smooth).

I remember Norman saying it will never be changed regarding scrollbars. But I think there were plans to add some sort of NSTableView. Not sure this is still the case.

[quote=369385:@Markus Winter]Use ClearRect first. See Tips&Tricks in xDev 14.1

Function CellBackgroundPaint(g As Graphics, row As Integer, column As Integer) As Boolean
g.ClearRect ( 0, 0, g.Width, g.Height )
return false
End Function[/quote]

This does not seem to make it transparent. Or am I doing something wrong?