TextArea: missing Properties

In the old time, a TextArea default TextFont, TextSize, etc. was possible at design time.

Today, I wanted to reset the default font of one (from a set of two) TextArea to the OS Default value because the text is not visible enough / its readablility makes defaults…

I do not found where (in the Properties pane) to change that.

Xojo 2014r1.1
OS X 10.8.5

This seems to matters: the project was created on 2013-06-13 (probably with Xojo because I removed the previous - Real Studio - when I was able to install Xojo) and for unknow reason I set two different fonts (one in each TextArea): a real error.

I already have troubles of this kind, with ListBox (the Properties does not appears in the correct order, but they appears), when the loaded project was not created with Xojo… (with Real Studio or REALbasic)

BTW: in the pdf, I found the menu “set default value of”, but not its meaning ! I execute it, but I do not found what it does.

I checked in a xml export of the project the TextArea where I want to change the default font, but I do not found that entry.
[I FOUND IT * WHEN I SEARCHED THE FONT NAME I SET; fortunately, I recall its name, it was hard, but I recalled it.]
NOTA: I may have saved the project as xml AFTER executing the “set default value of” MenuItem. I do not recall.

Did you see that too ?

It seems to have moved to the gear icon in the inspector - you could probably find this in the 2014R1 release notes.

Hi Wayne,

THANK YOU: you are right, there is a gear in the properties pane !

I never, ever, go there since Xojo comes to light !

On the other hand, after a search for ListBox in the 2014r1 / 2014r1.1 Release Notes (from Feedback), I do not found anything valuable (However, many WebListBox entries…).

Have a wonderful week-end !

Greetings from Strasbourg, France, Europe

Hi Emile,

I said probably because that was about when these things started to change (I didn’t actually check).

However you found your answer!

Greetings from Auckland, New Zealand, Oceania (about as far away from you & still be on the same planet!)

It’s buried in the release notes for 2014r1:

31115 IDE: The inspector groups “Control Set”, “Font”, “Focus Control” and “Database Binding” are now on the advanced tab.

[quote=96362:@Paul Lefebvre]It’s buried in the release notes for 2014r1:
31115 IDE: The inspector groups “Control Set”, “Font”, “Focus Control” and “Database Binding” are now on the advanced tab.[/quote]
I’d rather they would have used the space better and leave it where it is.

Just another of those “now you need extra mouse movement and clicks” decisions … humbug …

[quote=96362:@Paul Lefebvre]It’s buried in the release notes for 2014r1:

31115 IDE: The inspector groups “Control Set”, “Font”, “Focus Control” and “Database Binding” are now on the advanced tab.[/quote]
Thanks Paul.

Is there’s a keyboard shortcut for that ?
(cmd-i: Properties, cmd-L: Labels, cmd-G ? for Gear ???)

I searched “TextArea”, not found it and gave away the idea to search in the release notes.

BTW: I have a project that let me search text on a folder (full of text files), but it was onhold [in another hard disk]), but I could not search with it… and since I do not used the correct search string sentence…

No, there is not.

Thank you Paul.