Text Editor Cursor is at Wrong Position

A very frustrating thing is happening that causes the cursor to not be at the position being edited. Does anyone have a suggestion how to stop this?
It makes for many frustrating bugs because variables are on the wrong side of a comma, or other such grief.

Animated Gif

Yeah don’t use OneDrive lol
Try changing your font to a monospaced font.

Lucida Console is very legible, and monospace.

+1 on the Monospace Font (Menlo is a good one, if you want to stick with standard installed fonts)

yeah ok… Lucida Console is ok too :slight_smile:

Menlo is only available on Mac. And I believe he is using Windows (because of OneDrive).

Sorry I couldn’t figure out how to show a live gif in the body of the post.

Many thanks. Switching to Consolas fixed the problem. It’s not as compact as my system font but better than having the cursor on the moon.

what version are you using ?
and on what OS ?

It happens on versions 15r3 to 16.3 (all the versions I have installed)

Windows 10 64 Bit (I don’t recall having this problem on win7 and win 8)

Using System Font (Default) I believe it is Segoe UI

Segoe UI is nice, but it is a proportional font, so it would confuse the routines used by TextInputCanvas to position the cursor in the code editor.

The cursor issue has been around for as long as Xojo (2013), possibly with RS as well. The longer a line, the worst it gets.

Using a monospace font makes it go away.

on top click on ‘Image’ - then paste your link to GIF

[quote=298100:@Michel Bujardet]Segoe UI is nice, but it is a proportional font, so it would confuse the routines used by TextInputCanvas to position the cursor in the code editor.

The cursor issue has been around for as long as Xojo (2013), possibly with RS as well. The longer a line, the worst it gets.

Using a monospace font makes it go away.[/quote]

I had noticed it’s worse on long lines. Fortunately switching to a mono space font has eliminated my frustration.

I did that but apparently it didn’t like my OneDrive link.

you can get the link by clicking ‘View original’

Thanks that works.