Text Area printing New Line in text

Greetings,

I have one text area and I used to add text on multiple lines by pressing enter on each line, if I look in the database I have a funny character like [quote]¶[/quote] but when I print the text in the document it takes all in a single line. Is there a way to have all this split somehow and have it printed as it should be on a separate line ?

Unfortunately when I save the text I save it in the format result = taAnswer.Text then I use FTS plugins to style and print what I need.

It would be recommended to find that character and split the data based on that and then print ? I need to be able to print the existing data and new data so it should work for what I have now as well.

Thanks in advance.

that “funny symbol” is the “paragraph” character, used in some text-editors when the user requests to visiblly see the endofline characters. When you say you look in the database… how are you doing this? perhaps whatever viewer you are using replaces the true EOL with this for visibilty sake.

If I recall, the textarea requires a specific EOL (not necessarily the one defined by the operating system)

[quote=393502:@Dave S]that “funny symbol” is the “paragraph” character, used in some text-editors when the user requests to visiblly see the endofline characters. When you say you look in the database… how are you doing this? perhaps whatever viewer you are using replaces the true EOL with this for visibilty sake.

If I recall, the textarea requires a specific EOL (not necessarily the one defined by the operating system)[/quote]
Hi Dave,

I just use SQLPro for SQLite so it shows that , in my case I do no processing on the text area or the printing part, but so far looking for solutions , in case the text is recovered directly from the TextArea.Text and saved in DB , the new Line part is saved how ? if I do s split with EOL , the standard one you think it will work ? on the saved data ? I was planning to test that now.

Thanks.

Save StyledText.RTFData to the database, and reload it in StyledText. All formatting including end of line will be preserved.