Testing URL

For a major client we need to rebrand the sign-in page (use their logo instead of ours). Assume that the client is XYZ Company. I thought I would provide a custom URL for them as in saludsystems.net/xyz/admin (as opposed to the normal URL, saludsystems.net/admin). I could then check the URL to see if it contains /xyz/ or not).

Is there any way I can test this locally?

-Bob

I don’t use WE but in my C based web app (don’t ask) we use custom sub-domains to identify custom client access.

So the below would give you who it is.

[code]Dim customURL As String = Session.Header(“Host”)

If customURL = “saludsystems.net” Then
// Standard login
Else
// Check database for custom configuration parameters
End If[/code]

[quote=199042:@Bob Gordon]For a major client we need to rebrand the sign-in page (use their logo instead of ours). Assume that the client is XYZ Company. I thought I would provide a custom URL for them as in saludsystems.net/xyz/admin (as opposed to the normal URL, saludsystems.net/admin). I could then check the URL to see if it contains /xyz/ or not).

Is there any way I can test this locally?[/quote]

Run the project in the IDE as usual, then open a new tab and type 127.0.0.1:8080/xyz/

The HandleURL event will reflect that, then you proceed accordingly.

Michel,

When I do what you suggest I get a 404 error.

Could it be that I am using too old a version?

-Bob

[quote=199049:@Michel Bujardet]Run the project in the IDE as usual, then open a new tab and type 127.0.0.1:8080/xyz/

The HandleURL event will reflect that, then you proceed accordingly.[/quote]

You must return True in HandleURL to prevent the 404. And preferably do something there to show something in your browser.

See http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/WebApplication.HandleURL