Tester wanted for this Osx app

I made this app on Windows and then I built it for Mac, I don’t have a Mac so I’m very curious to see if everything is OK.
Can someone take a look please ?
It’s simply a multi choice quiz about irregular verbs. There aren’t any os specific features that are supposed to work only on a specific OS so everything should be fine…but I can’t see it by myslef.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk3y7lzffbfp6om/Wildwords.app.tar?dl=0

Thanks

I can do a quick test for you if no one else has before my lunch is over :slight_smile:

Runs fine. I’m not sure how you’d do it from Windows, but it should be signed so the OS doesn’t complain when you launch it.

My only question is when the word blocks scroll down are they supposed to leave a trail?

There are some fancy encoding issues in the Credits :wink:

They also appear under “CUSTOMZE!”
And I think its “Contact” not “Conctat”

Just a question from the screen shot above:

what are these uppercase menus ?

(a different way to exprim myself about the capitalization of the menu names)

:-((((
Too many issues.
The colors are wrong, the scrolling is horrible and and there are also encoding problems !

Thanks everyone for taking the time to test it !!!

I wouldn’t be discouraged. Nothing appears very hard to fix.

Another hint: Speech synthesis uses the system’s locale. Learning English pronounced extremely German isn’t probably what you intended :wink:
The scrolling generally is a nice idea, but it takes too long and isn’t smooth enough. I wouldn’t go for more than 0.4 secs for an animation, preferably less. I doubt that a pure Xojo animation will be fast enough, so maybe a fade out / fade in would serve you better?
Because of the length of the animations, I missed a question counter telling me how many will follow on a test.
And as Peter said: Nothing to worry about. It’s only the fine tuning.

How to pronounce “Deutschland”:
“Do each land” :slight_smile:

The animation on Windows it’s OK. I tested it on different machines.
It took me a lot of time and thousands of random attempts with a WHILE WEND loop with sleep in milliseconds but it works.
Sometimes the effect is totally umpredictable

[quote=204919:@Horacio Vilches]The animation on Windows it’s OK. I tested it on different machines.
It took me a lot of time and thousands of random attempts with a WHILE WEND loop with sleep in milliseconds but it works.
Sometimes the effect is totally umpredictable[/quote]

Sounds like you are using a tight loop to do the job of a timer.