Tab Stops being set automatically

Hi All. Question, is there some reason Xojo will turn on Tab Stops on on all kinds of controls in a Window? I’ll be coding along and every once in a while, after a save, all of sudden in my Version control DIFF is dozens of Tab Stops that have been turned on for who knows what reason. It just decides I need them, even though I have them set to False in the IDE. Here is what the DIFFs typically look like:

TabPanelIndex = 6

•        TabStop         =   True

Top = 73

Often it is with TabPanels, but it can be with Canvas, 3rd party controls, etc… I then have to go through the source DIFF, pick out the code changes I want to keep, and restore the file to the previous version, then edit back in the changes. Incredibly annoying. Does anyone know what could trigger that? I hate think I have to put a statement in the Open Event of every control I lay down, but I am getting to that point.

For many controls the property SHOULD be listed with either a value of true or false
When its missing the IDE realizes this & adds it
If you keep rejecting the change the IDE will continue to add them to controls that support being in the tab order
If you want the items to NOT be in the tab order set their property to false so the change is saved that way
But keep that change in the vcs

Otherwise you’re going to have to keep repeating this over & over & over

Thanks, Norman. The odd thing is it might not do this for 30-40 saves then all of sudden it adds a bunch in on one save. Question, when you say:

“When its missing the IDE realizes this & adds it”

What makes them missing from the IDE in the first place?

I can set them to False the next time this happens, but sometimes it is 50+ instances and a real pain to pull each one up as they are scattered in various places in the IDE. I guess my bigger question is how did that get into my project without the Tab Stop showing in the IDE so that I could set it to False when I add it?

[quote=292963:@Merv Pate]Thanks, Norman. The odd thing is it might not do this for 30-40 saves then all of sudden it adds a bunch in on one save. Question, when you say:

“When its missing the IDE realizes this & adds it”

What makes them missing from the IDE in the first place?
[/quote]
Old ide’s may not have saved them
Its one of the things I’ve worked on fixing as this also plagues us
But the IDE doesn’t go through EVERY open window etc when you load it & examine every control to make sure its set up right
That would make loading much slower
So it only does it when you touch a specific window & control
So if you dont touch one that needs it then it wont happen

I usually do them right in the SVN client I’m using as it lets me do that

If its on a window / layout you haven’t touched in a while that was last saved by an old version then its easy to believe this happens

OK, I think I can handle it from Version control. The next time I see it, I’ll back up the file then edit it. Thanks.