“Synch” two ListBox

I want to place a low width ListBox (One Column only) at the left of the main ListBox.

I want to put a Row number in that ListBox (something like faking a spreadsheet).

After three days, I am still with the paper… white (or so):

I placed a small, 1 column ListBox (say 40 pixels wide) at the left of the main ListBox,
I set its Alignment (ColumnAlignment) to Right,

and I am thinking how I can continue…

Tip(s), idea(s), anything is welcome !

I would also like to know this, as it could also be used to simulate line numbering.

• Place a ListBox2 on the left of the main listbox1, same height.
  • In the ListBox1 Open event, addrow from 1 to (ListBox1.Height/ListBox1.RowHeight)+1
  • Add a 100 ms multiple timer to the window
  • In the timer Action event, monitor ListBox1.ScrollPosition
  • If it changes, place the str values starting at Listbox1.ScrollPosition and ending at that plus the number of rows.

Whenever the scrollposition changes, the line numbers on the left ListBox2 are updated.

[quote=132273:@Michel Bujardet]Add a 100 ms multiple timer to the window
In the timer Action event, monitor ListBox1.ScrollPosition[/quote]
Instead of a Timer I believe you can check for scroll position change in CellBackgroundPaint.

You are right. Excellent idea.

I have written the post above off the top of my head so CellBackgroundPaint did not come to mind. Thank you.

Thank you both.

I noticed when I synchronize a hierarchical listbox to my listbox2, the columns are misaligning due to the hierarchical expansion symbol. Is there a way to correct for this in listbox2?

Thank you,
Robb

As a follow up, both listboxes must be set to hierarchical listbox for the rows to align.