Support for MVC pattern (somewhat)

When Xojo first came and was cross platform it was kinda cool. But as time goes and platforms have somewhat become more different and making one size fits all tends to make poor application on all platforms then I would like to request somewhat MVC patter support.

Basically all that needs to happen to make that possible is to be able to mark windows MacOnly, WindowsOnly, etc. And then compiler ignores that window when compiling other platforms. So Mac Window could for example have a plugin that windows plugin does not have and wise versa.

Then I just use it something like this in a Controller class that I would create to have all my logic in:

Dim result as Integer

#if TargetWindows
Dim w as MyWindowWin = new MyWindowWin(self) // Sending in my self to give the window its model

w.ShowModal()

result = w.Result
#else
Dim w as MyWindowMac = new MyWindowMac(self) // Sending in my self to give the window its model

w.ShowModal()

result = w.Result
#endif

Yes I know you can fake this somewhat by using container controls that you swap out on the fly. But the time wasted doing it and the poor results makes it easier either to do the application twice in Xojo or just do the Windows part in Visual Studio to get decent results.

So the request is basically to give us ability to be selective on the windows per platform so that we can create our own controllers or our logic and treat the windows as just simple Views to display the UI.

Request ID: 47008 - Support for MVC pattern