superimposed GroupBox

Another solution is to place the GBs outside of the window in the Window Editor (at the Window’s left).

Nota: I love the “Unparent” feature.

How to know if it has a parent?
Select GB2 and if there is a red indicator around it, it has a parent:

After you unparent, then the red indicator will no longer show.

[quote=430975:@Emile Schwarz]Another solution is to place the GBs outside of the window in the Window Editor (at the Window’s left).

Nota: I love the “Unparent” feature.[/quote]
Me too, it’s a solution , unfortunately i do not found it in the 2015r1 xojo.

[quote=430971:@Alberto De Poo]You need to “unparent” GB2, GB3 and GB4

Your code has GB2 ‘inside’ GB1, so when you set GB1.Visible=False and GB2.Visitble=True, GB1 is not visible and GB2 is a ‘child’ of GB1 so it doesn’t show. You ‘unparent’ GB2 from GB1, then GB2 can be visible on it’s own.[/quote]
It’s new feature, because i did not find it in my 2015r1 ver.
running properly.
many think’s.

It’s new feature, because i did not find it in my 2015r1 ver.
I confirm: this feature appeared later…

[quote=431011:@Emile Schwarz]>It’s new feature, because i did not find it in my 2015r1 ver.
I confirm: this feature appeared later…[/quote]

I have run xojo 2018r4, problem was solved with ‘unparent’.
i was surprised when i uninstall 2018r4 and back to my licenced 2015r1 ver. , the problem was completely solved, it runs properly now, it will be a solution for next groupboxes, amazing !

I downloaded 2015r1 to do some tests and as soon as I put GBx over GB1 I get the red indication and no way to unparent (at least I can’t find it).

As a workaround, you can move GB2, GB3 and GB4 a little off (or a lot, even outside the window) GB1 and that way you don’t get the red indicator, then add an Open event on GB2, 3 and 4 with:

me.left = 97 me.top = 50
that way the groupboxes move exactly over the GB1 when your app runs but that will avoid to be inside another GB. I hope this is clear, if not I can post some screenshots.

[quote=431015:@Alberto De Poo]I downloaded 2015r1 to do some tests and as soon as I put GBx over GB1 I get the red indication and no way to unparent (at least I can’t find it).

As a workaround, you can move GB2, GB3 and GB4 a little off (or a lot, even outside the window) GB1 and that way you don’t get the red indicator, then add an Open event on GB2, 3 and 4 with:

me.left = 97 me.top = 50
that way the groupboxes move exactly over the GB1 when your app runs but that will avoid to be inside another GB. I hope this is clear, if not I can post some screenshots.[/quote]
This way is running perfectly.
Thank you Alberto.