Suggestions for bettering Xojo

#####################################################################
I searched the website but found no “Feature request” email or form, so I’m posting these here.
I will be glad if you show me the proper place to post/email these requests/suggestions.
#####################################################################

Once the project becomes a little big, the project navigator side-panel becomes a mess.
It would look nicer if the navigator could group controls/resources together.

For example, instead of:

MainWindow
-Button1
-Button2
-Button3
-Label1
-Label2
-Label3
-TextField1
-TextField2
-TextField3
Window1
Window2
Window3
Icon1
Icon2
Icon3
Module1
Module2
Module3

It would be cleaner if Xojo displayed:

WINDOWS
-MainWindow
--PushButtons
---Button1
---Button2
---Button3
--Labels
---Label1
---Label2
---Label3
--TextFields
---TextField1
---TextField2
---TextField3
-Window1
-Window2
-Window3
RESOURCES
-Icon1
-Icon2
-Icon3
MODULES
-Module1
-Module2
-Module3

Part of the Xojo download is an application called Feedback. This is used to report bugs and feature requests.

You could also just create a folder called “RESOURCES” and move the icon files into that, the same with Modules. Window->controls works for me, so I’m not too sure that grouping them by type would help.

But as Beatrix suggests feature requests are a good place to start.

And there will already be one for the navigator so when you download feedback ensure you add to an existing item relating to the navigator.

I was totally unaware of the presence of folders.
This halved my problems.

For items that I do not access in code, a lot of times I create a Control Set. For example, labels. Creating a control set will do exactly as you say. Control Sets, however, are not a total solution, but will help clean up the navigator a little, inside of a given Window. Folders elsewhere. Don’t forget you can use tabs also. So when working in MainWindow, double click on it to get it in its own tab.

The double clicking → open in tab is a preference setting. (In case it does not work if you try). You can also right click and choose open in new tab.