stupid question about listbox colors

maybe you forgot fillrect ?

if row < me.ListCount then if me.cell(row,0) = d.Concise Then g.ForeColor = &cFFD93B00 g.FillRect 0,0,g.Width,g.Height end if end if

Nope. Got fillrect. here’s my code again:

if row >= me.ListCount then exit else if me.cell(row,0) = d.Concise then g.ForeColor = &cFFFF80 g.FillRect(0, 0, g.Width, g.Height) end if end if

I’m thinking this may all be moot though…since the date picker is set to output AbbreviatedDate and my code was set to compare that against today’s AbbreviatedDate, shouldn’t all the date format mismatch issues be already solved, no matter what platform or date format is used by the user? Seems to me I’m comparing apples to apples no matter what. Am I wrong?

[quote=197787:@Bill Dawson]Nope. Got fillrect. here’s my code again:

if row >= me.ListCount then exit else if me.cell(row,0) = d.Concise then g.ForeColor = &cFFFF80 g.FillRect(0, 0, g.Width, g.Height) end if end if

I’m thinking this may all be moot though…since the date picker is set to output AbbreviatedDate and my code was set to compare that against today’s AbbreviatedDate, shouldn’t all the date format mismatch issues be already solved, no matter what platform or date format is used by the user? Seems to me I’m comparing apples to apples no matter what. Am I wrong?[/quote]

You may want to display the cpntent of d.abbreviateddate with soemthing like

system.debuglog d.abbreviateddate

Which will show it in the message pane of the IDE (third icon at the bottom of the IDE). Compare with the format in your listbox. If it is the same, indeed that is fine and you do not need my code.

when I work with date, I place sqldate in Celltag.
it makes everything easier (sort by, etc.)

Cool. That [quote=197788:@Michel Bujardet]You may want to display the cpntent of d.abbreviateddate with soemthing like

system.debuglog d.abbreviateddate

Which will show it in the message pane of the IDE (third icon at the bottom of the IDE). Compare with the format in your listbox. If it is the same, indeed that is fine and you do not need my code.[/quote]

Cool. That checks out. Sorry for all the unneeded hair-pulling…at least now I can be sure I won’t have issues with date format mismatching.
Thanks to everybody for all your help.

since we were on the subject date,
An old project with methods for converting

maybe someone can try if it works with the English (long)date?

No, it doesn’t work. It assumes the parts of the date are in a particular order, which may or may not be the case (and isn’t in my case).

[quote=197787:@Bill Dawson]Nope. Got fillrect. here’s my code again:

[/quote]
Are you returning true to indicate that you handled the event?