Starting up 2022R11 in API 1 mode

How does one create a new project in the recent releases of Xojo while indicating we wish to use API 1 instead of the default, API 2? I know we can do this using a previous version of Xojo as the starting point, but I am hoping there is a way to do it without going through that additional step

There is a fix for the next Xojo release that will allow you to open an API 1 template and save the project in API 1.

68496 - Saving a template should not force update it the min project version to API 2

1 Like

In a new project you can also search for „desktop“ and replace it with „nothing“ (an empty replace field). Don‘t forget to activate „Show Menu Bar“ for Window1.

Until then there is a property setting that you can set manually that will show API 1 in AutoComplete.

4 Likes

I think this should be a project setting; in newer API-2-only projects I don’t want to see API-1 stuff.

5 Likes

I agree 100%. This would solve all my issues!

1 Like

Would be nice to have a per-project setting with checkboxes to:

• show API1 autocomplete
  • show API2 autocomplete
  • show API1 deprecations

For example, if I’m updating from API1 to API2, I may want to have both avilable. If I’m staying in API1, I would prefer to keep API2 info hidden.

6 Likes

Requested and suggested before API 2 has been released…: <https://xojo.com/issue/57885>

3 Likes

At least they have not “archived” it.

But given Geoff’s comments on feedback and the fact that in 2.5 years they have not implemented it, I doubt it will happen.

-Karen

1 Like

Those who are interested should revisit this during the next beta phase to ensure that this fix works in the way they expect/desire.

2 Likes