Standalone WebApp on ServerWarp

[quote=413496:@Tim Kearns]Hey Phillip,

Did my ticket / request get lost?

Thanks

Tim[/quote]

Hey Tim,

No I am sorry just had a rough week. We’ve actually been growing quite a bit and in process of releasing a new panel. It will allow you to set up standalones on your own. I’ll follow up via email.

Hey David,

I see that ticket - we had an issue with not all emails being processed properly. Ultimately it was a combination of factors but Office 365 (serverwarp.com mail provider) was blocking emails. We got that worked out but some tickets fell off the radar because of it.

I am also training up a new support person as business has picked up. It’s been a challenge. Despite common opinion Xojo Web seems fairly healthy cases on our subscriber volume.

Cool. I am very looking forward to setting up the standalone apps, so I will be happy to test this when it’s available.

Hello to all,
searched on the forum for Serverwarp and came here… maybe it is not the right channel, but as it concerns also Serverwarp, I’ll try it here.
I am hosting (CGI at the moment) on Serverwarp now also. Server runs fine, also the demo provided (Eddies electronics on SQLite).
I am able to SFTP to server, but could not find the MySQL server (settings).
MySQL runs as a “docker”, and maybe someone who has experience with Serverwarp can help me on how to connect to the MySQL server with the account settings I have received.
Opened a ticket already but maybe Phillip is very busy (which I understand…).
So I’d appreciate any advice or help for me as a Xojo “newbie”.
Running my web app on a local LAMP is doing fine with local MySQL…
Thanks
Thomas

I use Navicat to connect directly to my Serverwarp mySQL database using the account details provided with no issue. There is no tool provided by Serverwarp. There are cheaper options than Navicat.

Hello Budd,
thanks… that’s what I thought also… I use HeidiSQL, because its free and easy…
Now I played around a bit more (after your message)… and now it works! So easy!
Before I tried to use my username provided (did not work), but with user “root” all is fine…
So thanks for pushing me to the right direction :slight_smile:
Really easy!
Have a nice day!
Thomas

P.S. This forum is really great!

[quote=406335:@Olivier Colard]Hi David,

Open a ticket, I have a standalone app running at ServerWarp. Once your app is ready they will create a container for this app and start it for you. The app is automatically restarted.[/quote]
I’m curious about this.

1. Are you saying that a Standalone app on ServerWarp will automatically restart when it dies?

2. Will it automatically restart when it becomes unresponsive?

3. Is there a way for you to kill and restart it manually from your mobile phone, if the need arises, without restarting the server?

4. Do you or your clients ever see Internal Server Error 500s with such a Standalone app?

@Ralph Alvy :

• I also use a CGI on ServerWarp, so your questions are interesting for me, too…

to 1: from my experience, no - it does not restart automatically (I’d be interested on how to do that, too)
to 2: from my experience, no.
to 3: from my experience, no - only with server restart or directly if I kill/rename the app via ftp (and the app runs with a timer)
to 4: yes, if the app died ( Ihad this during test phase)

Hopefully my answers help a little forward…
Thomas

[quote=436585:@Thomas Hamann]@Ralph Alvy :

• I also use a CGI on ServerWarp, so your questions are interesting for me, too…

to 1: from my experience, no - it does not restart automatically (I’d be interested on how to do that, too)
to 2: from my experience, no.
to 3: from my experience, no - only with server restart or directly if I kill/rename the app via ftp (and the app runs with a timer)
to 4: yes, if the app died ( Ihad this during test phase)

Hopefully my answers help a little forward…
Thomas[/quote]
Thanks, Thomas. I’m surprised to hear you’ve seen Internal Server Error 500s with a Standalone. Such errors seen in a CGI environment, albeit intermittent, are the main reason I’m investigating Standalones.

That said, in response to your answers above, you might want to look at

https://forum.xojo.com/53762-standalone-vs-cgi-some-questions

There’s a discussion there that talks about what some are doing to address some of the issues I outlined above. I just was wondering if ServerWarp sets up your Standalone container to include solutions like those discussed in that forum thread.

@Phillip Zedalis any news on when the Xojo standalone WebApp Docker installer will be available — at XDC you said it would definitely be before June 2019.