A client is bugging me since last year (or the previous one) about a duplicate Record added at Modifying time.
I was unable to see that by myseft, replicate it here with both an i5 and recetrly a M1.
He showed me on its (old) MacBook Pro (MBP) some minutes ago.
The old Record was still here. So when he goes to the toilets, I checked on its MBP, changing the Case of a Name (from ALL UPPERCASE to TitleCase) and Modify.
The bug appears in its splendour… When he made the case changes, he added (or must I say the Computer added) a space character that was not so visible then. But the two records in adjacent Rows display the error.
So, I added two lines in the LostFocus Event to remove any unwanted Space (TRIM and Replace 2 spaces with only one…)
Now, you know where to find two similar Rows (Records) where a difference can be:
First nameLast Name
or anywhere else where text is involved…