Sqlite Database Browsing Lags With Cocoa Build

Hi,

I loaded one of my apps to Xojo. The app has a simple button called “NEXT” that moves through each record stored in the database table.

The code is pretty simple:

rs.MoveNext txtQuestion.Text=(rs.Field("Question").StringValue) txtA.Text=(rs.Field("A").StringValue) txtB.Text=(rs.Field("B").StringValue) txtC.Text=(rs.Field("C").StringValue) txtD.Text=(rs.Field("D").StringValue)

When I compile the app with Carbon it moves through each record very quickly and immediately.

When I compile with Cocoa it slow right down. There is a slight lag in the lines of code:

rs.MoveNext txtQuestion.Text=(rs.Field("Question").StringValue) txtA.Text=(rs.Field("A").StringValue) txtB.Text=(rs.Field("B").StringValue)

BUT lines:

txtC.Text=(rs.Field("C").StringValue) txtD.Text=(rs.Field("D").StringValue)

load almost a second later. It is very noticeable and annoying. What is causing that? If I switch around the order, the first three fields listed in the code load first followed by a noticeable lag in the last two fields.

The records should load fast and all at the same time like the do with Carbon. There should be no lag.

Can anyone tell me what may be going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

I haven’t noticed any difference in database access speed between Carbon and Cocoa apps. And I can’t imagine why there would be any differences. Perhaps something else is the cause?

What doe the Profiler tell you? You can enable the Profiler by selecting Shared Settings in the Navigator and switching Profile Code to On.

Do you have sample project you can share that demonstrates this behavior?