Speed up Xojo IDE launching and project loading?

I’m on not-too-old Mac Pro with 2.8 ghz quad-core Xeon, 12 gb of ram, SSD boot drive (with all related Xojo materials stored on the SSD).

Launching Xojo with the MBS plugins takes about 30-40 seconds.
Loading my primary project (30mb xojobinary project) takes another 90-100 seconds.

Does anyone have any recommendations/tips for speeding up this process? Do different save formats increase/decrease load/save times? I plan on eventually updating machines, but this computer is still relatively “top of the line”, and waiting 3 or 4 minutes just be able to check anything in my code can at times be very inconvenient.

I think different save formats would have varied speeds. Because some need to do more processing than others. Your computer is definitely top-of-the-line. :wink: Wish mine was.

[quote=44898:@Tom I.]I’m on not-too-old Mac Pro with 2.8 ghz quad-core Xeon, 12 gb of ram, SSD boot drive (with all related Xojo materials stored on the SSD).

Launching Xojo with the MBS plugins takes about 30-40 seconds.
Loading my primary project (30mb xojobinary project) takes another 90-100 seconds.

Does anyone have any recommendations/tips for speeding up this process? Do different save formats increase/decrease load/save times? I plan on eventually updating machines, but this computer is still relatively “top of the line”, and waiting 3 or 4 minutes just be able to check anything in my code can at times be very inconvenient.[/quote]

Dont load unnecessary plugins

But 90-100 seconds to load is still pretty quick.
I have a project I use for testing that takes about 20 minutes to load - but it is deliberately ridiculously configured with thousands of windows menus containers module etc.