Some customer can't print with my app (MAS)

I have some apps in the MAS, that has a printing feature. Some customer has a problem with my last application “My Wine Storage”. If the click on the printing feature, the app does nothing. No error message, no application crash, no message, no message in the system console. This problem exists on Mac OS X 10.10.1 and 10.9.5. Any ideas?

Daft question: do they have a printer?

yes, if not, a PDF printer dialog should always be available. I have tested my app on 10.8.4, 10.9.5 and 10.10.1 without a installed printer. The printing is possible and you can save the print contents to a PDF file.

Have you set the print entitlement when Sandboxing the application?

Can the customer print from other apps?

Get the customer to check console.

Yes, sandbox entitlement for printer is activated (Thanks App Wrapper). To most of the customers can print, except two customer. One with 10.9.5 and one with 10.10.1. I have installed this app on different OS releases without any printing problem. Also I have send a AppStore coupon to a friend of mine. He has installed the app from the MAS and there is no problem with the printing. My feedback to the customer was now to remove the app and re-install it. I hope this will fix the problem.

Hello to all.
Here as an output from the system log file, when a user start the printing dialog in my app:

My Wine Storage[940]: view service marshal for <NSRemoteView: 0x186eea0> failed to forget accessibility connection due to Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 “Die Kommunikation mit einem Hilfsprogramm ist fehlgeschlagen.” (The connection was invalidated from this process.) UserInfo=0x48698a0 {NSDebugDescription=The connection was invalidated from this process.}
timestamp: 16:00:39.694 Friday 26 December 2014
process/thread/queue: My Wine Storage (940) / 0xb0093000 / com.apple.NSXPCConnection.user.endpoint
code: line 2972 of /SourceCache/ViewBridge/ViewBridge-46.2/NSRemoteView.m in __57-[NSRemoteView viewServiceMarshalProxy:withErrorHandler:]_block_invoke
domain: communications-failure

I’ve started to notice these errors with Sandboxed applications when they fail.

Ask your customer to use a cleaning app, iTrash (http://www.osxbytes.com/page10/index.html) to delete the application and it’s container, then re-install the application (or just delete the container).

Is worth a shot incase the app container has become corrupted. If that’s the case, are you using Security-Scoped Bookmarks?

Any updates on this matter? I’m experiencing the same problems, some users can’t print or save PDF.

(I’m suggesting to them, as a workaround, to click the option “Open PDF in Preview” as this always seems to work)

Sandbox entitlement for printer is activated using App wrapper mini.

I know Sam deprecated App Wrapper Mini due to something he couldn’t workaround and is offering existing AWM customers a nice discount to move up to App Wrapper. More info at http://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/upgrade.html

Thanks Bob, I wasn’t aware of this.

[quote=176691:@Lisandro Mulena]Any updates on this matter? I’m experiencing the same problems, some users can’t print or save PDF.

(I’m suggesting to them, as a workaround, to click the option “Open PDF in Preview” as this always seems to work)[/quote]
If the user can display the print dialog, then this is not a straight forward Sandbox issue. However it could be that the printer driver is doing something wrong when called from a Sandbox application.

However it should be able to generate a PDF without an issue, if it can’t then I’d consider investigating your code incase your drawing is trying to access something that it can’t within a Sandbox (like a external image).