Social Media APIs & Xojo

Hi all, long time no catch up.

I’m doing something very quick/dirty and back in Xojo for the first time in a VERY LONG time rather than Swift.

Are there any Social Media libraries out there now for Xojo apps? (Facebook/Twitter etc)., Out of touch with whats in the Xojo sphere now and don’t want to reinvent the wheel if someone already has written something I can use.

Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat, the chillkat plugins may assist, http://www.chilkatsoft.com/refdoc/xojo.asp, although they come at a cost.

https://www.example-code.com/xojo/facebook_oauth2_access_token.asp

Thanks Paul

Looks promising though being a plugin I wouldn’t have access to the underlying code and I’ve been burnt by that once before. Even for dirty type projects like this I would want access to the underlying code - quite happy to pay though!

What are you looking to do? NSharingServices are available via declares if you just wanna let the user post stuff.

Its for a utility app for my own needs…

Initially I’d need fairly extensive access to the Facebook SDK but if it works out it’ll extend to the Youtube and Twitter SDKs

Did you see the Twitter examples coming with MBS Plugin?

Recently I also added SetupOAuth function to help there for CURLMBS class.

example is here:
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/example-curl-webservices-twitteroauth.shtml

[quote=399620:@Patrick Delaney]Initially I’d need fairly extensive access to the Facebook SDK[/quote] If you can find an existing framework, you can tap into using Declares, otherwise you’re going to have to create your own Facebook code.

Google has a framework, at some point I’m going to look into that myself as Apple have made YouTube ONLY available for their applications, which means everyone else can go _____…

I have also heard rumors that other NSSharingServices will disappear in the future as the current Apple management has “gone to war” with Facebook & Twitter, over privacy. If that’s true we’ll all need to replace a framework that essentially become useless outside of China.

[quote=399679:@Christian Schmitz]Did you see the Twitter examples coming with MBS Plugin?

Recently I also added SetupOAuth function to help there for CURLMBS class.[/quote]
Thanks, MBS Plugins would certainly help, my license expired several years ago now, other thing is I’d rather not use plugins (Chilkat or MBS) - I’d rather have full control of the code. Even for a small, personal utility app.

[quote=399697:@Sam Rowlands]If you can find an existing framework, you can tap into using Declares, otherwise you’re going to have to create your own Facebook code.

Google has a framework, at some point I’m going to look into that myself as Apple have made YouTube ONLY available for their applications, which means everyone else can go _____…[/quote]

Yeah, def looking like I’ll need to write my own code - no biggie - pretty sure I have my own oAuth2 code laying around somewhere I can bring up to date. Also, wondering if PAW could help me…