SMTP server integrated in the cloud

I think I read that the Xojo cloud now supports running MySQL instances. I am wondering are there plans to support SMTP server also, to support sending out email without the need to connect to an outside SMTP server?

thanks,

Dan

Hi Daniel - SMTP is very unlikely. All of the issues with blacklists, spam and all are some of the reasons.

Check out http://mandrill.com which is part of the engine behind Mail Chimp (but not the same beast).

You can send quit a bit of email through it per month for free.

It’s worth a look.

I would like to check in on this topic. I am moving an app to Xojo Cloud, and one function of my app is to have users establish accounts based on their email address. And the way I currently validate that email address belongs to them is to send them an email message directly from the app.

I believe I need this functionality (SMTP) in order to accomplish what I described above - right?

So, might this (SMTP) happen? Or, is there another way to accomplish what I describe above?

[quote=241607:@Mark Pastor]I would like to check in on this topic. I am moving an app to Xojo Cloud, and one function of my app is to have users establish accounts based on their email address. And the way I currently validate that email address belongs to them is to send them an email message directly from the app.

I believe I need this functionality (SMTP) in order to accomplish what I described above - right?

So, might this (SMTP) happen? Or, is there another way to accomplish what I describe above?[/quote]
You can send Mail via an SMTPSocket, but you cannot run an smtp server.