Smol feedback

Hey,

I totally appreciate the switch to the new forum. The search itself is so much better.

But I also wanted to suggest some changes:

• can you consider altering the favicon a little bit? It is the same as i is in the docs, and I often switch between those sites with several tabs open. So it becomes hard to find the right tabs sometimes.
  • Can you also provide a direct link to the docs in the header?
  • As mentioned before: a method to choose between different ways to pseudomize the username
  • a better visible mark, if a thread is marked solved would be nice

thats all for now.
As I said, just some suggestions.

Thanks for the Feedback. I have added the Documentation link.

Good suggestion about the Favicon, I was just trying to find my forum tab so I understand the issue :slight_smile: I’ll add that to the list.

You currently can mark a thread as solved. If you click the 3 dots on a reply, you can select “Solution” to mark it solved. Is that what you mean?

1 Like

Great!

About the solution mark:
I’ve meant the sign in the thread list. It is only shown over a little checkmark in front of the text.

This is it currently:

This is a simple example how it could be

:

This would be (for example) the simple CSS:

.topic-statuses .topic-status {
    margin: 0;
    display: inline-flex;
    background: #21692a;
    padding: 4px;
    border-radius: 3px;
    color: #ffffff;
}
2 Likes

Dear @Dana_Brown,

I would add that displaying only “X o j o” at the beginning of low level pages does not help understanding that a click would bring you back to the root. (my explaination seems as clear as the interface you use).

What I mean, is that the word “forum” is nowhere to be seen !

Hey @Dana_Brown Thank you for implementing my feedback!

1 Like

Looks like all thread statuses now have a green icon, maybe there is a way to make locked threads gray and sticky threads orange, I find the dark gray on green hard to see. Also could use a couple px of margin to give the icon some breathing room from the text. Maybe a general contrast boost in some places might be better for the folk with poor eyesight.

Looking good so far, glad all the posts got migrated over and not just abandoned.