Size of Object in an Application

Don’t know if I’m asking this right. I would like to know the sizes of modules/object in a application object.

Is there a tool that will do that?

define “SIZE”

The amount of text that makes up the code? Including comments?
The size of the resultant compiled code? With or without size allocated to define variables/classes within

The compile code. Like if I added a plugin or some code like Active Record.

Don’t know what I would do with it, other that go “wow”.

There is no way to know
At most compile the app & check the size of the resulting executable
Add the code & check again
However adding code may require adding other bits of framework code, plugins, etc so the change in exe size might be only one portion of the increase

That what I thought.
I guess I showing my age, where we use to be concerned about each additional byte. Now it window’s “real estate”, some user have small screen machines which limit how much data we get to display.

Thanks Norman.

Been there done that.
Unless you want to write plugins in assembler I wouldn’t worry about that.
You will see that an initial “Hello World” is a lot bigger than something similar in C++.
But after that you’ll see small bumps in size as you add code but no huge framework additions, unless you start using something that requires including a new plugin that wasn’t there before etc.

[quote=201299:@Jim Smith]Don’t know if I’m asking this right. I would like to know the sizes of modules/object in a application object.

Is there a tool that will do that?[/quote]

If you are interested on the memory used at run time, you may get an idea with Runtime.ObjectCount and RunTime.MemoryUsed.