sitting in another airport

it goes through waves (or cycles) of lots of travel vs no travel. And I find myself again sitting in another airport waiting on a plane. Sitting here in a t-shirt, hoodie and jeans (I travel as comfortable as I can without traveling in my PJs - :wink: ). When a nice retired lady sits down next to me. And she starts chatting with me. I rather be coding but I sit here talking to here when she asks me what Ox-Jo is… Confused as hell, I tell here I am not sure. She says it is on my shirt. I look down and I am wearing one of my Xojo shirts what has the circle X logo on it. I laughed. Then explains at a 50k foot level what Xojo is. She nodded a lot. Still went over her head. So I ended telling her “Its a computer language that allows me to write applications to control the cloud…” and she understood that (enough). It made her smile that I was controlling the cloud.

After this conversation was over is when I realized I always travel with at least one of my Xojo t-shirts and tend to wear them when not with a client. Comfy T’s and love supporting Xojo.

Now you can get back to your Sunday afternoon (or morning/night depending on where you live).
—sb

Well at least she didn’t ask if you could control the cloud to make it rain on command

true. but we don’t need rain where I am at. everything is wet wet wet.

I can’t tell you how many prospective clients I talk to that call the product “Ex Oh Jay Oh”. Lesson one: product pronunciation.

@Bob:
fortunately they do not care about the IDE you are using ! And give you the job.

I tell people it is like Visual Basic, but cross-platform and modern.

I’ve don quite some VB in a previous live, long ago. Based on that experience, I disagree.

Let’s revert from Xojo to REALbasic – Xojo sounds like a name somebody made up…

The word “basic” should never been used for a serious product.

BASIC, not “basic”.

That depends largely on whether you use StrComp or “=“. :stuck_out_tongue:

Where is the LIKE button – sometimes the Like button is not enough…

My 2 year old’s favorite shape is a Xojo. :slight_smile: Circle, square, Xojo…

BTW, if anyone is interested in getting their own comfy Xojo shirt, I still have some left! Send me a message if you’d like to order, $20 including shipping.

Sounds to me more like a name “invented” by a computer.

[quote=356687:@Dana Brown]My 2 year old’s favorite shape is a Xojo. :slight_smile: Circle, square, Xojo…

BTW, if anyone is interested in getting their own comfy Xojo shirt, I still have some left! Send me a message if you’d like to order, $20 including shipping.[/quote]
Does that include outside the US of A?

For the shipping we can always ask someone to help.
E.g. Ask Marc to order one and bring to London.
Or we may have some at the Munich conference.

@David Cox $25 total, including shipping to UK/Europe

@Dana:
Usually, the goods prices are far lower than S&H…