Siri to Text

is there a declare somewhere that can capture a voice command to Siri and return it as a String?
to allow a custom Xojo app to respond to spoken words

If you put an Edit menu in and don’t do that silly naming trick to knock off the built in system functions, Edit > Start Dictation will handle this. It sounds like you’ve got an interesting idea to allow Siri to control your Xojo app?

what is it ?

for the records : <https://xojo.com/issue/48657>

Putting a space before or after the word. Someone (I believe Dave was part of the thread) was trying to get rid of the automatic Help > Search field and discovered the issue. Looks like it affects other languages too.

SiriKit is very limited on iOS and watchOS, in terms of what you can freely do. It’s only for specific tasks (referred to as “intents”).

On macOS, support is technically there but it’s not really fully supported yet. There’s not much you can do with it. I’d assume 10.14 is the first time you’ll have a real shot at using with a macOS app and, even then, the Declares required will be very complex.

Yeah, I also hope one day will be available or be integrate SiriKIT with Xojo, I order to enhance your Xojo Apps, as Apple Say, o make Siri an extension of your App.

For example, If you app is a kind a like Business, And that you will be ask Siri, “Please download all invoices of February 2018, and then make a Sales Report”

In MBS Plugin, you can trigger dictation with NSApplicationMBS.sharedApplication.startDictation call.
Not sure if this dictation is the same as Siri.

[quote=375463:@Christian Schmitz]In MBS Plugin, you can trigger dictation with NSApplicationMBS.sharedApplication.startDictation call.
Not sure if this dictation is the same as Siri.[/quote]
Ok I’ll gonna check it, thanks