SIPS syntax?

Hi,
I set f1 to a save as dialogue via the following code:

...... ....... ........ f1 = dlg.ShowModal()

Could someone please tell me why my line of code below compiles but does not save the image to the folder (I tried to save to the desktop as an example):

s.Execute("sips -s format png -Z 512 "+f2.shellpath+" "+f1.shellpath+"icon_512x512.png")

I have tried to append the desired file name to the end of f1.shellpath - is that valid syntax??

No. You’ll need to capture that into a string and inspect it for us to know for sure. Do this:

dim command as string

command="sips -s format png -Z 512 “+f2.shellpath+” "+f1.shellpath+“icon_512x512.png”

'Break here and check to see what command contains

s.execute(command)

Please do not delete a legit question just because you solved it… Others may have the same question, and can benefit from the solution that you found… So instead of deleteing it, post your solution and mark it as the “answer”

Also, “Please Ignore” is going to make me show up anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can someone please delete this Thread?

(To bad we lost knowledge here…) :frowning:

Thought the post would be automatically removed if I deleted it - obviously not :frowning:
Sorry!

If someone can tell me what the original subject was, I can fix this up.

SIPS VALID SYNTAX (I think)?

The originator should be able to change the subject/title.

i think on macosx using shell, you need to have ’ around the path name of the image.

because you forgot to put the delimiter in your code…

which is why I highly suggest using CHILD

command="sips -s format png -Z 512 “+f2.shellpath+” "+f1.child(“icon_512x512.png”).shellpath

Thank you again Dave (and everyone else).

Now the originator can post the answer and “safely” mark the original post as “Answered”. After all its subject was changed to “Please ignore this: Solved”.

No problem :slight_smile:
Tell you what… I will let you stand me a pint next time I’m in London…

Oh wait… I have never been to England (or out of the US for that matter :slight_smile: )

Well… have a pint for me then.

[quote=105551:@Dave S]No problem :slight_smile:
Tell you what… I will let you stand me a pint next time I’m in London…

Oh wait… I have never been to England (or out of the US for that matter :slight_smile: )

Well… have a pint for me then.[/quote]

I may visit London in the not too distant future. After all, it’s just a train hop from Paris. But I don’t drink beer :wink:

A glass of milk for both of you!

Cheers!
Salute!