Simple method to list fonts

How do I list fonts in a PopupMenu?

Thanks

Fun fact, if you had even tried to search the documentation, you would have found the code example on the FontCount page.

Ha, I have had a look at the docs and for some reason could not find what I was looking for. I suppose I could have typed font in the search box and that may have popped up.

Thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xojo+font

Did google it tbh.

And just to really rub it in, I’m pretty sure there’s an example project included with Xojo that does something similar :slight_smile:

\Xojo 2014r2\Example Projects\Desktop\Menus\FontMenu.xojo_binary_project :wink:

while listing all the fonts is rather easy… what I’d like to know is why apps like TextEdit removes some fonts from selection, and what criteria is used to decide to leave one out

When I ask Xojo to list them, I get 307 fonts on my system, but TextEdit seems to be like 1/2 of that

[quote=452003:@Dave S]while listing all the fonts is rather easy… what I’d like to know is why apps like TextEdit removes some fonts from selection, and what criteria is used to decide to leave one out

When I ask Xojo to list them, I get 307 fonts on my system, but TextEdit seems to be like 1/2 of that[/quote]
TextEdit joins font families together, Xojo lists all styles of a family individually.