Signature Capture Device

Has anyone had any experience using a signature capture device? I need to look into a way to digitally capture signatures for contracts and then insert it into a word doc or pdf (preferably a word doc).

Any thoughts, tips, hints or ideas?

Thanks!

Talk with Monkeybread Software. I think there were working a developer to get one working. Other than that I don’t have any details on it. It may have been a Web Edition project but Christian might be able to help.

Brilliant- thanks, Bob!

Well, what I worked on was to get the signature from someone on an iPad with a web app. So user uses finger to write his name (his signature) and we save a PNG of that image.
If you need a hardware device, well you could come to me with a C SDK and I write you a plugin for that.

Yes, it was for a Web App. It is successfully working on an iPad, Galaxy Tab 2 (droid), and Microsoft Surface RT.

I need a signature component for a windows application using on a windows tablet that after should be inserted on a pdf

[quote=21088:@Christian Schmitz]Well, what I worked on was to get the signature from someone on an iPad with a web app. So user uses finger to write his name (his signature) and we save a PNG of that image.
If you need a hardware device, well you could come to me with a C SDK and I write you a plugin for that.[/quote]
Hello Christian,

Any more details about that part of code and maybe a sample and docs and eventually a price if needed ?

Im having same thing but for iOS but the issue there is that no PDF creation available so Im forced to check other options.

Thanks

My web starter kit on the website includes the project to capture signature. But not sure if that is what you need.

I`ve looked on it, it might work but I guess we need to do something to improve the quality of the signature if possible, this one is pixelated and to thick in some cases. It those 2 can be adjusted and we can fit them in the document once filled then will do I guess.

Graffitisuite from Anthony cipher has signature capture too. Maybe you can visit his component also.