Should we be able to load an ipa built by Xojo onto our devices

Just built a test app “For App Store” and tried adding the .ipa generated to my Device in Xcode. Xcode reports no provisioning profile. Is that normal, or have I missed a step (again)?

best answer i can give you because of my first post and first time on this forum
Deploy Ios App

I’d suggest going to Xcode and synchronizing your profiles. It could be that something is out of whack.

Thanks guys, but I believe that you misunderstood my question - My profiles are correct and I can copy the non-App Store built app and it runs just fine. My question concerns the app as built for the App Store (the MyTestApp.ipa package). If I drag and drop the app (not built for the App Store), it loads and runs fine. It’s if I try to drag the .ipa package that I get the error from Xcode. Should dragging the .ipa package work?

After reviewing Paul’s presentation, and no mention of putting the IPA onto your device, I will accept that the IPA shouldn’t be copied to your device.

I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago and encountered the same problem. I decided to drop it since it was mostly out of curiosity anyway and not important to the app.

This is normal. App store builds get signed with a different certificate and have different entitlements than ‘debug’ builds.