Should I update rbvcp projects to Xojo format?

I notice that rbvcp is no longer an option in Xojo but I can save it in what seems to be the counterpart, xojo_project. Is there an advantage to doing so? So far Xojo is using my rbvcp project just fine.

As far as I can tell, it’s just a branding change.

My Xojo is registered but when choosing Save As… I do not see a rbvcp, I see

• Xojo Binary Project
  • Xojo XML
  • Xojo Project

When I choose Xojo Project, it does not save as a .rbvcp, it saves as a .xojo_project along with all the windows, classes, etc… as their own files, like the old rbvcp. That is why I am assuming that the .xojo_project is a replacement format for .rbvcp?

[quote=11412:@Jeremy Cowgar]My Xojo is registered but when choosing Save As… I do not see a rbvcp, I see

• Xojo Binary Project
  • Xojo XML
  • Xojo Project

When I choose Xojo Project, it does not save as a .rbvcp, it saves as a .xojo_project along with all the windows, classes, etc… as their own files, like the old rbvcp. That is why I am assuming that the .xojo_project is a replacement format for .rbvcp?[/quote]

Sorry, I originally misunderstood your question and edited my reply once I realized my mistake. My edit must have come in just before your reply. For clarity, my original reply follows:

[quote]Saving in version control format is only available if the IDE has a build license. The free version of the IDE can open, but not save the rbvcp or XML formats.

https://forum.xojo.com/139-xml-and-vcp-project-files/p1#p930[/quote]

As my edited reply says, I think it’s just a name change rather than any change in the file contents.

I believe you are correct, in that a Text-format file saved from 2013R1 will have the same content regardless of whether the filename extension is old style (e.g. .rbbas) or new-style (.xojo_xxxx). Of course, 2013 may have some file format differences in general that won’t work with earlier versions, but that’s not a new situation.