Shell.execute is displaying a shell window

I have an odd issue on a windows 10 box my application spawn a shell runs a command and then returns the result. On this one windows 10 box every-time the shell is ran the command prompt pops up and minimizes. Only see this on a few boxes any idea what could cause this to happen?

I’ll restate this issue that i’m having with 2 confirmed windows 10 boxes. When my application calls. shell.execute from a thread a shell window is now being displayed and minimizing right away. Other installation of the same app on other versions on and on win 10 do not have this issue. What would cause this to happen on some versions of windows.

I wonder if it has to do with the backend property. For instance on OS X, the default is BASH, however users can customize the default and then BASH shell commands don’t work as expected. Thankfully in Xojo you can force it to use a certain shell backend.

I don’t know if Windows has the same issue, just a suggestion.

It would be useful to know what is specific of these boxes that make the shell appear. Are you calling the shell any special way ? Could you post the code ?

Inside my thread i call

Dim sh as new shell
Sh.timeout=20000
Sh.execute mycommand +" command argument"
Output=sh.result

This really has me stumbed. Thinkinf it might be a corupt windows uaer profile tho not sure why the would make the shell visible when calling sh.execute

[quote=284697:@Jordan Morris]Inside my thread i call

Dim sh as new shell
Sh.timeout=20000
Sh.execute mycommand +" command argument"
Output=sh.result

This really has me stumbed. Thinkinf it might be a corupt windows uaer profile tho not sure why the would make the shell visible when calling sh.execute[/quote]

What is command argument ? That could be where the issue is.