Sheet window freezes the application on macOS 13

I have a sheet window with a TextArea and an information Label. I you open the sheet window and enter the TextArea with the mouse, an information Label will be shown for a few seconds. If you now close the sheet window, the application freezes. This problem exists only on macOS 13.

Example project: “Sheet Window

I think Sheet windows have been deprecated for a long time ago

Not sure they’re deprecated. They just work differently in macOS than they used to.

Using the provided example project: no freezes with the sheet window, tested with a debug and a build app. Running macOS 13.1 (Intel) with Xojo 2022R4.1

I have a sheet window with a TextArea and an information Label. I you open the sheet window and enter the TextArea with the mouse, an information Label will be shown for a few seconds. If you now close the sheet window, the application freezes. This problem exists only on macOS 13.

Example project: “Sheet Window

Continuing the discussion from Sheet window freezes the application on macOS 13:

macOS 13 BETA1 on Intel and macOS 13 BETA 2 on M1 has this problem.

Before you click on the window or TextArea:

After you have clicked on the window or TextArea:

Crash report: SheetProblem.txt

The sheet window could not be the problem, because if your click on the right button a sheet window without a Timer works without any problem.

The problem occurs only when you click into the TextArea. If you press ESC the sheet window is closing and the application is working.

Can’t reproduce this behaviour on my MacBook Pro (Intel) with 13.1. Clicking in the textarea dismissed the sheet window…

A small screencast: Capto_Capture 2023-01-17_09-49-40_PM.mov

Sorry, i made the mistake with Drawer window

Wow, what a nice bug. In Activity Monitor I can see that the problem is the attributed string of the label and not the sheet.

No. Read Deprecated.