Set margin for icons in iOSTable

I want to use some medium size icons in a iOSTable row. I don’t like to have them take up the full available icon space; there has to be some padding in the icon cell. For now the only option I see is to use eg. a 64px icon, but I’m guessing that isn’t a good option.

What are my options here (other than editing the icons by giving them a white surrounding border)?

If you don’t want them to “take up full available space”, what did you want to do with the space you would be reclaiming?
Nothing? well then why is a transparent (not white) border unacceptable?

[quote=261797:@Dave S]If you don’t want them to “take up full available space”, what did you want to do with the space you would be reclaiming?
Nothing? well then why is a transparent (not white) border unacceptable?[/quote]

The icons/images are existing third party ones, so I would like to avoid editing them all (adding border). That’s cumbersome for a number of reasons.

If padding or something else (setting border) would be possible then that would be my preference.

In addition I would like to add that I only want this for esthetic reasons, not because I need the space for something else.

I’m talking about a small margin of about 3-8 pixels.

How are you inserting the icon ?

Inserted an image to my project and then referred to it via the Image property of the table row.

Create an iOSImage and place the Image inside of it?

[code] Table1.AddSection("") ’ No section will appear
Dim cell As iOSTableCellData

For i As Integer = 0 To 4
cell = New iOSTableCellData("Row " + i.ToText)
dim p As New iOSBitmap(62, 62, 2.0, False)
p.graphics.DrawImage(yinyang64,0,6,116,116)
cell.image = p.Image
Table1.AddRow(0, cell)
Next[/code]

yinyang64 is a 64x64 icon dragged into the project. Note that because scale in the iOSBitmap constructor is 2.0 (Retina x2), you need to multiply the size by two in DrawImage.

See http://developer.xojo.com/iosbitmap for dim p
http://developer.xojo.com/iosgraphics$DrawImage for DrawImage